Not to be all Sally Fields and stuff, but they like me, they really like me! Shon of The Sunflower Mama Chronicles passed on the Leibster Blog Award to me last week and since I've been busy with work/feeling famous, I'm only getting to this now. But a big thanks to Shon. OK, the rules are:
1. Thank and link back the person who awarded you
2. Write 7 random things about yourself
3. Spread the love to 15 more bloggers
I had to dig into the archives to make sure I didn't repeat myself for those of you playing along at home. Here we go, Seven Random Things:
1. My mother is from Panama. My Spanish needs work but if you saw me with a plate my aunt's arroz con guandu y pollo guisado, you would never know it.
2. I have a cat named Shaka. As in Shaka Zulu, not Chaka Khan. Shaka is a five-year-old FIV+ furball from a shelter. He was (is?) feral and has a bigger jaw than most cats because he reached adulthood with his testicles still intact. Most feral cats don't learn to be as loving as Shaka is--most don't even learn how to purr--but he's a happy-go-lucky stinker who sits on my laptop when he doesn't think I'm paying enough attention to him.
2a.Funnily enough, I always pictured myself with a Yorkie. I never liked cats until I met Shaka, who sort of thinks he's a dog.
3. I hate slasher movies but love psychological thrillers. Saw=no. Hannibal=yesyesyes.
4. I'm obsessed with Spongebob. No one in New York under age 30 has cable but I got cable so I could watch Spongebob and Mad Men. I'm far too old, but there you go.
5. I eat olives (pitted, green and black) straight from the jar. They are so good.
6. I am terrified/horribly disgusted by roaches. Just typing that made me feel icky. Which begs the question: why the hell do I live in New York?
7. I hate exercise. I would rather be sitting on my butt with my laptop and a brownie. This is a major point of contention with my boyfriend, who ran track all through high school and still hits the gym regularly. Also, my roommate is a yoga teacher. Meh. I'll get there.
Bonus: I have a potty mouth. Don't tell my mother.
I'm going to have to think about the 15 bloggers to nominate so stay tuned. I think I may go bake some of those brownies I mentioned in number 7...